Sunday, September 22, 2013

ロバーツ姉妹


Oh my goodness, is September almost over already? A third of my mission done? 
Crazy...
This week has been awesome =) We're still getting used to the new apartment, which we have discovered is infested with lots of creepy crawlies... Not only is it infested with lizards... also cockroaches... and large black beetles... and centipedes, killer mosquitoes, and spiders... yes, spiders. Big jumping ones... Sister Lane is constantly freaking out, but I've gotten used to it. She runs around squealing, begging me to kill whatever it is that she's screaming about and I just sit there and make her do it... But the down side to that is that sometimes she won't do it, and I will find it crawling on me later. We don't kill the lizards though. They're too big. But... the mosquitoes really are a problem. Every bite I have gotten has turned into a scar. And those are just the regular ones. These ones are way worse. The other day I got 3 bites on my left foot and about half an hour later while we were on our way to an appointment, I noticed that my foot was turning purple. But it's back normal now... but the bites still look really scary. 
The other night I was laying on my bed when I felt something crawling up my neck. I used my ninja reflexes ( which have begun to develop quite rapidly since living in a bug-infested apartment) and swatted the back of my neck. I thought it was a mosquito, but when I inspected it, it appeared to have been a very large spider, with quite a few blood and guts in it. Pretty gross, right?
Other than that, this week has been great! I tried octopus, which was actually really delicious! Last night i also went to a dinner and ate lots and lots of raw fish, which was actually also really delicious... But who knows... I think I could eat a tire and think it was delicious. My taste buds are probably disintegrating. Oh, what i wouldn't do for some dairy queen!
Anyway That stuff isn't that important... But here's something cool. I finished 2nd Nephi this week and I have 2 chapters left in Jacob til I'm done with it!
The Book of Mormon is awesome and I'm just loving it more and more every day =)
But not I am running out of time... Sorry this wasn't a very spiritual letter... But suffice it to say that I did in fact have a lot of spiritual experiences this week!
Love you all so much! I'm off now!
Today we're going to go visit the underground city of Fukuoka... cool, right? The other week we were desperate for some American food and heard word that there was a Krispy Kreme somewhere in Tenjin... so we went looking down in the subway station, and not only did we discover Krispy Kreme (which was delicious as I had never actually tried it before), we discovered that there is an underground metropolis under Fukuoka city!!! So today Sister Lane and I are going to go explore it =)
Hope you all have a good week! Pray for us please!
Much love.

ロバーツ姉妹


No comments:

Post a Comment