Sunday, November 10, 2013

MIYAZAKI!!!


Oh hello!
Surprise! I'm no longer in Okinawa!
Some crazy things happened with transfers and I was transferred early to a new mysterious place... MIYAZAKI!!!
I am now companions with a Japanese missionary, Sister Ami Suzuki, who is amazing and sweet and kind and is luckily fluent in English! We are having a lot of fun together!
I actually haven't been here for long, so I don't know much about our investigators, but I have met a cute girl that we are teaching, named Ray. She's 18 years old... she's a fixer-upper, but we love her and are trying to help! 
Our other investigator that I've met is Orimoto san! She's the cutest old grandma ever and she's totally getting baptized! She comes to church every week with her cute little granddaughter. 
The people of Miyazaki are amazing! And it is very nice to be somewhere once again where the people actually show up on time to things =)
On Saturday we had a talent show! I sang... like always, but we also did this awesome skit!
There are 4 missionaries in Miyazaki branch. 3 of us dressed up in reindeer suits and played out this strange reindeer version of the Cinderella story with the Circle of Life song playing in the background. It didn't make much sense, but it was so fun! It had a happy ending... The reindeer all turned into frogs! So fun.
Last night I went to dinner at some older members house and it was so funny because the old men just kept joking the whole time about how shiny their bald heads were!
Everyone here has been so kind to me.
I was a little sad to leave tropical paradise and step right into winter, but I love love love it here and I can't wait to serve and help and find and teach! It's gonna be great!
Thank you for everyone who has been praying for me =) I'm still working to make you all proud!
I'm happy, happy, happy!
Love,
Sister Roberts!

#Miyazaki!

No comments:

Post a Comment